🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Pose matrix error correction?

Started by
0 comments, last by Steve Miller 6 years, 6 months ago

I'm working on an Augmented Reality project, and I have five markers whose positions will vary somewhat every use, and I need to measure the distances between them to scale the 3D model I'm using. The markers are arranged in a pentagon like so:

A
E      B
  D  C

I use the AR library to measure the orthonormal affine transformations between A>B, B>C and A>E,E>D in order to construct a new orthonormal basis in the middle. The problem is that the AR library isn't capable of measuring the affine transformations with enough precision, so the errors accumulate, and the values I end up with for D>C don't line up and are about 1cm off. I can measure D>C, but I have no idea what sort of strategy I might use from there to adjust the previous matrices to make them more precise while keeping them orthonormal. Are there some techniques out there that could accomplish this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement