🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Flappy Box (alpha)

Started by
4 comments, last by Anime Motargam 6 years, 4 months ago

You are a box that has the ability to move in 2 directions. Top right or bottom right. you have dodge every single obstacle in your way. (you play by tapping space bar)

This is really early stage of developing, so I'm sorry that the game is short. The reason of why I uploaded this game at its current state, is because that I want you to suggest some music for my game.

I can't keep developing without having a music to listen to while testing it!!!!!! plz help lol.

I attached the game if u can't downloaded it here is a link below to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kbytxqktw3cxpb6/Flappy Box.exe

Flappy Box.exe

Video for the game:

" rel="external">

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Anime Motargam said:

The reason of why I uploaded this game at its current state, is because that I want you to suggest some music for my game.

Moving to Music forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I would do the following: 

- play games in a similar genre or direction as your game and see what music they have

- see which ones work for you and which ones don't

- experiment with unusual pairings by playing your game while having music play in the background. This can be from your own personal iTunes library, YouTube, where ever. Even better - play the game for a bit (or even while you're designing the game) and put something on shuffle. You may be surprised what could fit! 

Something like a Flappy Bird clone is screams chip tune/retro. But you don't always have to be that on the nose with something. 

Also instead of including a downloadable exe.... which people may be hesitant or unable to install on their computer (I'm on a Mac for example) just export out a short video of the game running. That should be plenty to give people an idea of the look and feel of your game. You'll get more responses that way. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

On 1/7/2018 at 10:13 PM, nsmadsen said:

I would do the following: 

- play games in a similar genre or direction as your game and see what music they have

I'm sorry for replying so late, I was a bit busy with college. First I would like to thank you to give some of your time to read and replay to this thread. I did really think about that, but the issue is that I don't know what genre my game is lol. If u could help me with that it would be nice. I have tried so many music from YouTube I played the music while playing, and didn't find anything that would fit my game.

here is a video for the game: (note: I just used a random rock music from YouTube tracks)

pump

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement