🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Questions about F2P business model and game development

Started by
1 comment, last by slayemin 6 years, 4 months ago

Dear game developers – I'm currently working on my graduation work. As part of my bachelor thesis at Bremerhaven University of Applied Sciences, I examine to what extent the F2P business model can influence the long-term competitiveness of games. The Work focuses mainly on MMO games because of their long lifespan. Part of the work relates to developers and the impact of the F2P business model on them and their decisions when developing games. I have created six short questions that will help me to better understand this influence. The questions mainly relate to business and publishing sides of game development.  I would like to ask you, if some of the developers here could answer these questions. Those of you who are interested, please send me a private message until March 16th and I will get to you with further details as soon as possible. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and it will help me to improve my thesis.

Thank you

Advertisement

I suspect that your questions would be better directed at publishers than developers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement