🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tribute to Stephen Hawking

Started by
1 comment, last by TheComet 6 years, 3 months ago

He defied all the odds and lived many years after he was told he wouldn't survive

He showed the mind could defy a failing body or that the power of a brilliant and positive mind can be an anti-death source (creates extensions to life)

After Einstein, Newton... its Hawking  

Did he have a direct or indirect influence on the game development industry?

I think he indirectly influenced the games industry by (setting example) exploring seemingly impossible thought experiments, expanding the bounds of logical (scientific) creativity, extending a framework for weird possibilities and pushing the boundaries of the what the mind can achieve

In the massive wealth of knowledge and creativity linkages (links?) of our age, I'm sure the influence of at least a bit of his powerful sense of imagination must have indirectly trickled down to me (without my knowing it) whenever I'm in the process of mapping out what to develop or during coding

My little tribute to this great scientist.  RIP

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Advertisement

Hawking-ZING.jpg

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement