🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help disassembling laptop

Started by
4 comments, last by Icebone1000 6 years, 2 months ago

My laptop have cords just like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7kOAYDH7s&t=298s
Check at 4:58..
Withouth removing those I cant remove the top part..except..just look at that vid, the guy just pull them off, how are you suppose to put those back on, if theres no exposed conectors?
Im not going to pull that off with no idea of how to connect it back. About to give up, I just want to clean the fans.

Advertisement

Laptops are hard to disassemble especially the modern ones. But that doesn't mean it can keep its secrets from you! What you'll want to do is get one of those industrial grade vacuum cleaners. You know, the 4.5kW 3 phase ones that suck so hard, it puts Nunu from Teletubbies to shame. Attach that to the ventillation shaft of your laptop and the dust will come flying out in an instant. The average time of sucking depends on the person, but it's usually around 2-3 minutes. Make sure to dispose of the laptop's expelled matter in an environmentally safe way. What I like to do a lot of the time is cook it up with pasta, it has proteins and vitamins in it. I've heard from others they like to swallow it directly

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

Hard to tell from the video, but looks like they might have uFL connectors on the ends of them?

KjmOdLF.jpg ep91lmv.jpg

4 hours ago, Hodgman said:

looks like they might have uFL connectors

Yep, they are. But the guy pulls cables quite brutally. Definitely not the proper way to disconnect those.

I ended up purposely rupturing the plastic piece (with nail pliers) that made the wires "stuck" (too short to maneuver), that way i could move the entire part aside without removing the cables..

I think the only way to do it (the right way) would be to disassembly the entire screen so that id end up with those wires lose on both ends, so when re assembly i could plug then one side first, then leave then through the hole for later reassembling onto the screen..(what kinda of maniac design laptops)

And so I did got to the fans and cleaned it...Still got crashes when gaming...Then I underclocked the gpu from 550(original) to 500mhz, and voila..kinda weird since the temperature never went over 78..I have no idea whats going on with that laptop..maybe temperature sensors arent really accurate anymore..I used to game till it got so hot i couldnt place my hand on it..Than it started crashing frequently even at 72+ degrees (pretty cold)

But underclocking really did the trick, no crashes since then... Its past the time to buy a new one anyway.

Oh, I managed to fuck the quick launch panel (media buttons on top of the keyboard), leds dont turn up, and volume doesnt work anymore..at least the mute works...Thanks god the power button works (same panel) ._."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement