🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[WIP] Toy Car [Feedback Appreciated]

Started by
2 comments, last by 4d3d 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi there,
I've been away from 3d Art whilst on Maternity leave and just started to get an hour a day (if i'm lucky) to model while my baby sleeps. This is also my reason for picking something small. Really i'm after some feedback, good or bad, on any improvements, tips on rendering etc. 

Any feedback would be massively appreciated as my time is so precious at the moment that i don't often have time to watch tutorials and research techniques so anything to point me in the right direction would be great.

I've baked down from High-poly and exposed some custom color changing, decals, and number plate naming from substance designer and imported to marmoset.

Car_Renders_01.jpg

screenshot095.png

screenshot127.png

Advertisement

These look really good. 

Love the materials, the model looks like I could almost touch it and feel the old style metal body. The custom number plates and colored doors is something I really like; most artist are lazy and skip this.

The only advice I would give is on presentation. You started with the image that should have been last. It's like a info image; something that only people who really consider buying the mode wan't to see how it looks on all sides. others will just like to see some images of how it would look in use.

Your second image is your best image.

A wire frame right at the end is also important when it's a model for a game. Especially with good looking models like this, where developers will doubt it is low poly.

@Scouting Ninja Thank you so much for the feedback, everything has been taken on board and i will do that before posting to my art station page. I will add some wires to this post too.

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement