🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need feedback for our platformer game Warriorb

Started by
2 comments, last by Gezu 5 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

I'm working on Warriorb for about 2,5 years now and recently we made a playable version of the first part of the game. There are still some elements missing (mostly vfx and sfx) but most of it is close to final.

I would love to hear what do you think about our game so far. Any critique, feedback, idea or tip is appreciated.

If you are interested send me a pm and I will give you a steam key for the game.

I'm eager to receive your feedback:

Gézu

Advertisement

Looks like a 2D style side scrolling platformer with 3D graphics. Only two degrees of freedom of movement. I personally prefer an open world 3D platformer with all directions of freedom of movement. Linear gameplay is also fine for me but I prefer more freedom of movement and gameplay similar to Rayman 2 or the Crash series so if this game is what is intended, I would suggest making some more freedom of movement and freeing the camera to maybe be behind the player.

2 hours ago, sprotz said:

Looks like a 2D style side scrolling platformer with 3D graphics. Only two degrees of freedom of movement. I personally prefer an open world 3D platformer with all directions of freedom of movement. Linear gameplay is also fine for me but I prefer more freedom of movement and gameplay similar to Rayman 2 or the Crash series so if this game is what is intended, I would suggest making some more freedom of movement and freeing the camera to maybe be behind the player.

Thank you for the answer! 2D style scrolling was a base idea we can't really change at this stage. But adding exploration and non-linear gameplay is definitely something we would like to achieve. We tried to add a bit more compared to traditional side-scrollers (as for exploration). In Warriorb the player goes on splines. So yes, there are only 4 local directions on predefined paths, but using these splines you can go and explore the 3d space. There are many places you see as background which can be visited after or where you already walked.

Our trailer is a bit outdated, now we are preparing one which presents more the actual gameplay and spline/exploration mechanics.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement