🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Chaos Group Announces V-Ray Cloud

Started by
1 comment, last by Jordan Winslow 5 years, 10 months ago

Chaos Group has released the open beta for V-Ray Cloud, a push-button cloud rendering service for artists and designers running on Google Cloud Platform. V-Ray Cloud can turn a workstation into a supercomputer, unlocking the unlimited power of the cloud to help users hit deadlines and render faster than ever before. V-Ray Cloud will be free to use throughout the beta.

V-Ray Cloud removes the hardware barriers that keep most cloud rendering users at bay, simplifying the process for the everyday artist. Soon, with a click of a button, users will be able to render an entire animation in the time it takes to render a single frame, without having to track assets, juggle licenses or set up virtual machines. V-Ray Cloud will also be integrated into all V-Ray products, bringing a rapid speed boost to artists and designers in a pinch.

“V-Ray Cloud will be there whenever you need it, as a natural extension to your workflow,” said Boris Simandoff, V-Ray Cloud Director of Engineering at Chaos Group. “As needs arise, just submit a job and we’ll do the rest. It’s really simple.” 

1.jpg

V-Ray Cloud Features:

Google Cloud Power – V-Ray Cloud is currently deployed on the Google Cloud Platform, providing a highly secure, scalable system for on-demand, high-performance rendering.

Smart Sync – Automatic scene updates for new changes, ensuring fast upload times and renders.

Smart Vault – An optimized storage system keeps assets in the cloud for use in future projects.

Remote Control – Job settings can be changed and resubmitted from any device, without opening the scene.

V-Ray Cloud is now open to all beta testers. Apply now to try free cloud rendering for a limited time.

Chaos Group will be demoing V-Ray Cloud at SIGGRAPH 2018 in the Google booth (#1423) on August 14 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on August 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.

View full story

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

A few years ago I said to one of my friends that the future of computing would probably be that software will be stored and processed on remote servers rather than local computers both for copyright and licensing protection and to present powerful software to users who otherwise would not be able to run it on their computers.

On the one hand, I am very happy to see this evolution take place because it will be far more convenient, no more issues losing local data or running into hardware issues, but on the other hand, it requires a constant and powerful internet connection, takes away from the freedoms of owning offline software and means hundreds of thousands of users may be unable to use their paid product due to reasons outside of their control (server issues)

I wonder how this evolution of technology will affect us? Cloud platforms sure are interesting and very well may be the future of computer technology (whether we like it or not) but for now I'll stick to my offline software ?

Electronic Music Producer, Composer & Audio Engineer

Free Commercial Use Music Downloads - My Story 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement