🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Neon Signs & Objects

Started by
3 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 5 years, 10 months ago

Some neons I did. Not to bad for being my first time. The lighting was the hardest part to get right. Let me know what you think and if you have a better technique than I do. All i use is a luminescent over a transparent material. 

1.jpg

WOW2.jpg

Wallpaper 1.png

554.jpg

New.png

1 (4).png

Advertisement

Good job if this is your first shot at this.

Yes. I don’t know too much about the luminous but I am trying to get it looking as real as possible. I use Omni lights too around the luminous to give the. Area some more shadows. Then sometime I’ll use photoshop to add more rays and flares. Thanks for checking it out. I know they are not extravagant but they are pretty good for my first ones. 

On 8/18/2018 at 4:25 AM, Brandon Sharp said:

All i use is a luminescent over a transparent material.

Makes it sound like you are doing this in a render not at realtime?

If it is a render engine then you can just abuse whatever light bounce system is in place, use very high light settings and a lot of bounces; then use your visual composer to tone map it into human eye range. Some blurr for effect isn't too bad either but you will want to make a mask; so it doesn't bleed too much.

When practicing light, it is often nice to work with a cube, then add lights around the cube, to see how the light is acting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement