🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

managing player feedback on test builds - most efficient way??

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 9 months ago

Just wondering what people do to manage large amounts of feedback from players testing your game, during the development stage. Thinking about using websites like Trello or Monday to list all the improvement ideas, but curious to see how other people organise themselves.

thanks!

Sergio Ronchetti

Double Jump Audio - Creative Director

www.sergioronchetti.com

Advertisement

What do you mean by "large amounts of feedback"?  What do you mean by "manage"? What size of project? I'm going to guess at these for your question.

During main development usually the only people testing the game are the QA staff and others internal to the company. The entire development team plays the game and can also create feedback. They are managed through tracking software as bugs, development tasks, or similar names, and they're assigned initially to QA leads. QA teams add steps to reproduce the issue, then they're sent to the proper developer in engineering, animation, art, audio, effects, design, etc, and proceed to the process until they're eventually closed.

By the time it hits players with an open beta the game should be mostly finished and playable. The feedback likely should be small, coordinated by community managers and QA leads, and result in bugs or documentation.

Probably should have been more specific, but you have answered my question.

What I meant was how to handle a lot of different points about gameplay and the fiction behind a game you’re creating, but for a small independent project which doesn’t have all these departments as you’ve mentioned. 

Just discovered it can be quite daunting to have a huge list of things to get through after testing the game with a couple of people outside of your dev team.

Sergio Ronchetti

Double Jump Audio - Creative Director

www.sergioronchetti.com

Am too having with this, please help me too. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Jack Logan. panda helper  emu4ios  gbwhatsapp

Jack, you should start a new thread and ask the question(s) you want answers to.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement