🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to distribute pre-release game?

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 9 months ago

When you need to share a pre-release version of a game with a showcase, reviewer, alpha-testers, etc, what do you do? I know Steam and VivePort offer some closed alpha-release options. I've seen a service mentioned called "Pre-flight" on the MIVS FAQ (http://super-archive.magfest.org/mivsfaq) but I can't seem to find it. What other options are there and how well have they worked in your experience?

-M

Advertisement
34 minutes ago, mgstauff said:

When you need to share a pre-release version of a game with a showcase, reviewer, alpha-testers, etc,

This is a marketing question. Moving to Business forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

4 hours ago, mgstauff said:

I've seen a service mentioned called "Pre-flight" on the MIVS FAQ (http://super-archive.magfest.org/mivsfaq) but I can't seem to find it

I think that's a typo. They refer to it as "test flight" on the next line. Test Flight used to be an iOS/Android service for this kind of thing, but then it was bought out by Apple and is now the official way to do this on iOS.

10 hours ago, Tom Sloper said:

This is a marketing question. Moving to Business forum.

Thanks. I don't see it in the "Games Business and Law" forum - should I move it there myself.

6 hours ago, Hodgman said:

I think that's a typo. They refer to it as "test flight" on the next line. Test Flight used to be an iOS/Android service for this kind of thing, but then it was bought out by Apple and is now the official way to do this on iOS.

Thanks, that clears things up!

48 minutes ago, mgstauff said:

don't see it in the "Games Business and Law" forum

Sorry, it's moved there now.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement