🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Is my voice good enough as a voice actor for my own game??

Started by
15 comments, last by jkuehlin 5 years, 7 months ago

I like your voice! Maybe you should compress it a little bit tho; you don't need so much dynamics when it comes to voice overs.

Musician • Producer • Teacher

www.alexcalero.com

hello@alexcalero.com

Advertisement

Has anyone started off being the perfect fit for a game, whether in voice acting, composing, or sound design? Of course not. Practice, practice, practice, and you'll become a top-notch voice actor in no time. You already have an interesting sounding voice to begin with, one that catches the listener's attention. Just work out the fine details and keep learning.

Good luck, Crossway!

Alec Weesner | Video-Game Composer

www.alecweesner.com

Sounds fine as a voice, but make sure you have the English checked for every line.

It should be, "You want to know who you are, and what, exactly, you are doing here."

These samples are still too short to determine how well you fit into the game.  It sounds like a narrator.  How many lines?  Can you cover the whole range of emotions needed for this character?  There probably aren't many so it may be a good start.
I can't tell from this sample how dramatic your voice will be over even the mundane lines.  Carrying drama in your voice is important for voice actors.

It is hard to judge now but it may work.  You will have to produce more content.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

I'm working on something interesting that will show how it works in practice. It will also be funny for those who have played TWD.

I like your voice,m but I would like to hear more than just a 4.5 second bit. The question you need to ask yourself, is can you keep doing that voice for 4+ hours? Keep at it though!

Christopher Dattoli
Demos found here
Phone: 848-221-4211
Email: christopher.dattoli@gmail.com

Christopher Dattoli - Commercial Demo.mp3

Christopher Dattoli - Narration Demo.mp3

Tried to find a working link... all of the give me a 404 page not found error

This is my placeholder signature

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement