🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Nighty Knight 3D [HTML5/Android/iOS] [FREE]

Started by
5 comments, last by Froton X 5 years, 8 months ago
[IMG] 

HTML5 demo:

Desktop demo(with full keyboard/gamepad support):

GAMEPLAY INSTRUCTIONS:

Basics:
Virtual Stick: MOVEMENT. Hold down then move in any direction, will walk the character for as long as you hold it.

Red Button: ATTACK

Green Button: JUMP

Combination Moves:
DASH: Hold Movement then press JUMP.
CHARGE MODE: Hold ATTACK for more than half a second.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Press either JUMP or ATTACK during charge mode(at least 1 second charge).

Advanced Moves:
DASH ATTACK: Press ATTACK during DASH.
WAKE UP SPECIAL: Press ATTACK or JUMP(Princess only) repeatedly while knocked down.
WAKE UP DASH(Knight Only): Hold MOVEMENT in any direction while knocked down.

[IMG] 

Yeah, I made this game myself, jack of all trades and what not(only got help in music, I never get to make my own music in any game I've made)

My experiment with using 3D graphics after learning programs like Blender. Turned out better than I could have ever imagined, I definitely prefer working in 3D over 2D. I did the illustrations as well, was trying to go for a game intuitive, toonish character design.

I've attached some concept art, which includes characters that where to appear in the game, as well as already made 3D models that didn't make it in due to time and money constraints.

[IMG] 

Gameplay of Knight(GUI is different due to it being an older version):

Princess gameplay:

If I had more time, I could have put this move in the game.

[IMG] 

There you have it, a melee character(Knight) and the Princess shoots lasers for long ranged enthusiasts.

There where 5 characters in total planned for initial release, the dragon, gunslinger, and fairy had 3D models that where still being worked on.

Fairy(The concept art is her transformed state):

[IMG]  

[IMG] 

Gunslinger(Red caped form is a transformation).

[IMG]   

[IMG] 

Fighting Dragon Concept Art and 3D model wip.

[IMG]  

[IMG] 

I wish I had the time and money to get them up to speed, as well as some extra effects.

[IMG] 

Anyways, enjoy the game, let me know what you think(and what your high score is).

[IMG]  [IMG] 

Some concept art of other characters that could have been in the game.

[IMG]  

More in spoilers:
[spoilers]

[IMG] 

[IMG]  

[IMG]  

[IMG]  

[IMG]  

[IMG]  

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG]  

[IMG]  

Some Heavy Hitter characters:

[IMG]  

[IMG] 

[IMG]  

OAmgxhe.jpg

Various In-game bosses:
ic4Xelt.jpg

YGlSPaB.jpg

ec1W004.jpg

sxFLcKk.jpg

BizNiz men known as the League of Greed are the main antagonists of the next game:
lXMvNDy.jpg

yPIerig.jpg

Yes, theirs even a Ninja and Mage character, but i need to work on their design some more:
FLeIzz4.jpg

[/spoilers]

I reallly, really would like to continue development on this game, should I just kickstarter? I spent the last 5 months working a dangerous job that may or may not pay a lot depending on the season, by sheer bad luck, it was the former.

e3QcT4l.jpg

Advertisement

Nice work!  Keep it up!  :)

@Greedy Goblin Thanks GG, what did you think of the gameplay and mechanics? Which playstyle did you prefer, melee or long ranged? Is there any character from the concept arts that you would like to see?

And i did all this on $0 budget, if I had a budget to work with, I could do a lot more, this is as much as I can do using free programs and my own free time.

12 hours ago, Froton X said:

Thanks GG, what did you think of the gameplay and mechanics?

To be honest, I was on my desktop PC at the time I checked it out so I couldn't play it properly as it doesn't appear to fully support keyboard controls... well, I couldn't use WASD to move anyway, the cursor keys seemed to allow me hack and slash a bit.  I'll have to try it out on my mobile phone later.

I don't know if its possible with HTML5, but are you able to at least provide keyboard support?  Perhaps AWSD for movement and say P and L as your action buttons...

If you can I would like to give it another try...

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

@Greedy Goblin My bad, I should have waited until I fully initialized the html5 desktop version as well, i really wanted to take advantage of the leaderboards feature on kongregate. I've edited the OP to include a link to it, as well as at the bottom of this post.

@Anri Yes, the game has full keyboard/gamepad support, but I was uploading that as a seperate version from the html5 touchscreen version, it's up on kongregate now, with leaderboard and everything, so we can comepare scores. Mines is OVER 9,000!!!#*&#@$

Desktop version:

https://www.kongregate.com/games/Froton/nighty-knight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement