πŸŽ‰ Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! πŸŽ‰

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please fix no-time post editing!

Started by
5 comments, last by fleabay 5Β years, 7Β months ago

I am very frustrated that there is no time permitted to edit a post without getting an edited flag. Can this be changed to allow some time to edit a post without the 'last edited' on the post? It's standard forum usage to allow a small amount of time to make corrections to a post.

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Advertisement
9 hours ago, fleabay said:

I am very frustrated that there is no time permitted to edit a post without getting an edited flag. Can this be changed to allow some time to edit a post without the 'last edited' on the post? It's standard forum usage to allow a small amount of time to make corrections to a post.

What's the problem with the edited flag?Β  I mess up almost every post I make, in some way or another. LOL!

And now I can't even comment my edits with 'Simple grammar edit - Please fix no-time editing'.

The 'reason for editing' field has been removed, most likely on my account.

I also don't know why I my question didn't get answered by admin/mod. Is it that much trouble to answer?

I think there were no replies because it was suitably addressed already.Β  I often edit my posts in the minutes after posting, perhaps to fix a grammar error or expand on a thought.Β  It gets an edited flag. It isn't a big deal.

Sometimes it would be nice to have a short window, like how Reddit gives two minutes before adding the flag, but ultimately it isn't a big thing.

Also, the field was not removed on your account. If it was changed, it was removed because of a site software update and the constant flow of tiny adjustments going on in the background workings of the site. Those who maintain the site software (not me) might know why it was changed, or possibly if removing it was a bug they didn't know about. Or maybe it was intentional, I'm not sure.Β  Either way, if you're concerned about the edit reason field, feel free to ask about it instead of just declaring that it was removed.

Unfortunately, the option right now for this is either on or off. We can't associate a time expiration for showing the message. I don't know if/when this will be changed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

2 hours ago, frob said:

I think there were no replies because it was suitably addressed already.

Sorry, I tried searching for a thread on this topic but didn't see any. Can you link me?

ED: Nevermind, I guess you mean GnollRunner's reply was sufficient.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement