🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SimBand

Started by
4 comments, last by Caffeine 22 years, 6 months ago
Anyone interested in creating a sim-like game for managing a musical group? I think i''ve got a pretty solid design for it. Overview: It''s nothing like real life, but I think it would be fun to build up your own band - design their look, pick their instruments, tweek their tone and style parameters and throw them on stages and watch them rock... Of course you can see the possibilities for the management (game) part of the game - getting money, buying better equipment so you can play in better arenas and get more fans... I would wan''t it to have a fun cartoon kind of aspect to it. You could even sort of "compose" your own music, have a very simplified in-game version of Acid that uses loop-based music... Animations would all sync to the beat... Maybe throw in some kind of interface that morphs animations so the users can design their own stage moves... Then you could record your concerts and trade them with other people. I could see a game like this doing really well.
Advertisement
Their was already a game like this... and it failed miserably.

dancefloor

Edited by - caffeine on December 16, 2001 10:43:23 PM
Wasn''t there a game like this called ''Virtuoso''? I remember the name, but not the game...had som pic of a guy with a guitar on the front...

Cool idea, though
AxeSlash, I think you''re thinking of VibRibbon...

I wouldn''t be able to program it, but I could throw together MP3 tracks that would be their jams or something if ya wanted...
Sqeek.
Something similar is already in development. www.unpluggedsoftware.com
Greg Damon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement