🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Acoustic Aura of Alikberov

Started by
4 comments, last by bug_ugly 5 years, 6 months ago

In classic sound adjustment of games we having control over volume of music or sound-FX. For lots of table games or puzzles this is enough for all user preferences.
But in more difficult games with complex sound environment such of adjustments is not enough and gamer must to use the headphones, because sounds of game environment can disturb surrounding public. But headphones can destroy the health of gamer.

I'm not present any code at here, but I trying to build a draft of sound FX spectre of emotional perceptibility of gamer to giving more wide control over sounds in game with complex choice for favor gamma in playing sounds.

• 0. Angels level
  1. Mood music, that playing in the brain at this moment
  2. Sounds of thinking like the trying for inspected prediction for action
  3. Speech synthesis of player thinking process; Player-self dialogue
  4. Inside sounds of body functions, like heart-beat, breath or beat in temples
  5. Outside sounds of body, like knuckles squeak, belly rumbling or cough
  6. Nearest subjective environment, like mosquito cheep, buddy whisper, phone speech or headphone of equipping
  7. Subjective environment, like fly hum, sleepers shore, somebody cough or slurp, speech
  8. Active subjective environment, like doors squeak, floor squeak under foots, sneakers shuffling, tick of switch
  9. Objective environment accompaniment, like leaves rustle or curtains swaying, branches rap in window, winds drone, water purl
  10. Passive objective environment, like spontaneus floor or furniture squeak, alone drop fall, wallpapers crackle
  11. Operated active technical environment, like phone ringtone, TV set or radio, claxone or gun shot
  12. Interactive technical environment, like watch tick-tick, elevator sound
  13. Active technical environment, like frigy sound or autos engine
  14. Technical environment accompaniment, like generators sound
  15. Passive environment, like waterfall noise or river purl, twitters, public hubbubs
  16. Operated environment, like battle noise or cannons shots, explosions
  17. Interactive environment, like thunder or lighting, volcano or earthquake
  18. Active environment, like hurricane or tsuname
  19. Evironment accompaniment, like public or animals screaming, animals rave, people rave or crying

It's not HDR. No dynamics.
Static normalize all sounds of game for session.
Just, like in graphical equalizer, we can have a 20 sliders band of levels any sounds.
If user shut down to zero all 20 adjusts, except #6, then no any sounds user can listen and hearing #6 (mosquito, whisper and equipping) only.
(No monsters, no disasters, no cannons. The commander only!)

Preset.png

Advertisement

Do you have a question? Are you offering up a tool for others to use? Sorry, but I just find your post extremely hard to read. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I think what it is is an abstract of a research proposal. 

I can see that too. But why post it here? What does he hope to gain from this forum? Or need from this forum? And if it is a research proposal, it's pretty poorly written. I make my share of typos and such, sure, but not in research paper abstracts and such. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Maybe he/she just wanted to make like-minded friends :D 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement