🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sound Editor...

Started by
2 comments, last by Sand_Hawk 22 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I''m looking for a sound editor. But I also want it to "convert" voices. Know what I mean? No? Ok, here we go: I have created this WAV file. Because my voice really sucks I want to make it sound different. Ever seen Star Trek with the Borg? Well, the voice of the collective is pretty cool. I want my voice to sound the same as the collective. Is this possible and wich program do I need for it? TIA, Sand Hawk Member of the Stupid Coders. http://www.stupidcoders.cjb.net -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
Advertisement
there are various programs you can download at www.harmony-central.com, but if you want something more professional, get Cool Edit or Sound Forge.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Cool Edit Pro is probably exactly what you need. I know quite little about sound and music, and I can make my voice sound like an raptor, monster, alien- you name it.
I''m not sure how big a bite it will take out of your budger- i use it at school. It doesnt seem like the kind of program that would be outrageously priced. I dont think you''ll find better than that.
Essentially, you''re looking to add effects to sounds. Something like pitch-shifting and chorus effects, and then some. Sound Forge XP is excellent and has a bunch of f/x packed with it, but it''s a bit pricey. Never tried Cool Edit Pro, who''s the manufacturer?

---------------------------
Now, there''s your crap post.
---------------------------Now, there's your crap post.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement