🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Orange Instinct - My first Web Game

Started by
7 comments, last by Guy Fleegman 5 years, 6 months ago

Hello, i wanted to share my new project which i'm very proud.

You can directly try it here: https://orange.stevenclain.fr/ (choose Play Beta->Offline if you don't want to create an account).

As you can see it's a very simple game, just use your mouse ?

Feel free to say what you want :)

Advertisement

It worked but I the orange seemed to just jump all over the place, I couldn't work out how to direct it with mouse? :D  

14 minutes ago, lawnjelly said:

It worked but I the orange seemed to just jump all over the place, I couldn't work out how to direct it with mouse? :D  

It's your mission to find how to control the orange ?

13 minutes ago, Subtyven said:

It's your mission to find how to control the orange ?

Ah now you've said that .. I've worked it out I think, it's like you are batting the orange from the direction you click with the mouse, doh! :) 

Okay I got to level 4, and it got impossible lol. It is very difficult, one thing is that because you can only click below the floor a certain amount you have to 'get it going' in the air before you can get it to go very high. Maybe for difficulty settings you could affect how fast the orange moves?

1 hour ago, lawnjelly said:

Ah now you've said that .. I've worked it out I think, it's like you are batting the orange from the direction you click with the mouse, doh! :) 

Okay I got to level 4, and it got impossible lol. It is very difficult, one thing is that because you can only click below the floor a certain amount you have to 'get it going' in the air before you can get it to go very high. Maybe for difficulty settings you could affect how fast the orange moves?

For the moment i prefer to keep this game as a little challenging game which award the best players. A more complete version could be created in the future, but may be i forgot to mention that it's just a student project :)

Anyway trust me the first 20 levels are not that hard.

Hey, Subtyven. Is there code that regulates the speed of the game? It's got a pretty neat game-play mechanic, but I find it's just chaotically fast when trying to get the orange into a little gap. Still, it's a fun little physics game. Good job!

2 hours ago, Guy Fleegman said:

Hey, Subtyven. Is there code that regulates the speed of the game? It's got a pretty neat game-play mechanic, but I find it's just chaotically fast when trying to get the orange into a little gap. Still, it's a fun little physics game. Good job!

Hi, thank's for feedback. You have to understand that more you are close to the ball, less your next shot will have power :). that's how you control it.

10 hours ago, Subtyven said:

Hi, thank's for feedback. You have to understand that more you are close to the ball, less your next shot will have power :). that's how you control it.

Got it now. Thanks.

I couldn't get past the 4th level, but it's still a cool little game.

If you ever make a difficulty setting, you should make it scale through different types of fruit. Like, easy can be a banana or something. ?

Thanks for sharing your game!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement