Looking for a 2D Artist to partner up.

Started by
1 comment, last by BlueFlute 4 years, 10 months ago

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ryan. I am currently working with 2 programmers on a hobby project for fun! We are looking for someone who would be interested to join up in our small team. We are working on the project all in our free time. Rather than just making one game, we intend on creating future projects after our initial one is complete.

The Game we are initially progressing with is:

Lost Journey 

Lost Journey: is a 2D adventure, RPG, one world map, top down scroller.

Graphics: 16 or 32bit pixel --I'm pretty lost at graphic choices haha!

Theme: Present time in age. In the Suburbs.

Single player with 2 player option

Story:

Lillian* Player's character

....Bolts of Lighting flash through the sky! A rumbling can be heard in the distance....

....It's a couple minutes from midnight and Lillian* can catch a wink....

Tossing and turning his her only remedy of staying calm! Lillian's parents had a fight after supper. With distasteful words her father raged out of the house! The perpetual thoughts entering Lillian's mind were the three words her mother burst out with: "I hate you!" Tears showered the house while terrified Lillian waited for her father to return home. 

Suddenly the clock struck Midnight! A horrifying thought crossed Lillian's mind: "Will I ever see my father again?" No sooner had she finished the thought as a bright green bolt of lightning lit off! "THUDDDDD!!!!" It was like a nuclear explosion was detonated!

Trembling with anxiety, Lillian tippy toed to her bedroom window to take a peek of the strange glow emitting from her backyard. "THUD....THUD....THUD...."   "Is someone knocking?" 

As Lillian peered out her two story window, she did all she could to refrain from screaming! A Hunk of floating metal was in her backyard! Continuing to watch from her dusty window, Lillian noticed the metal starting to disappear! With unbelief she pinched herself and turned away from the window. Taking huge breaths, Lillian managed another look out the window. But wait! "Nothing...it's...it's gone..."

...Scared to death, Lillian runs away from the window only to smash into a wall falling unconscious...

...Waking up the following morning...

Lillian peers around the room with a groggy look... "Wha...t...happened." "Oh no...no...no..." 

As Lillian Staggers to the window...{a pause is issued as the suns rays emit from a cloud into her eyes}. This makes her rush to the window! Examining her backyard, she sees nothing unusual...."was it a dream...it couldn't have been" "it was too real....."

Slowly, Lillian makes her way through her house to the backyard. Taking a step on the soggy grass, she examines her surroundings nothing. She then continues to the center of her yard. Still, there is nothing. But wait! A piece of paper....with writing, a note to be exact!

Examing it well, it reads: 

"Truth...what is truth? Is it what you been taught from the beginning of your existence? Is it something you can see with your eyes, examine with your mind?  Or is it something entirely different, a way of life only you can discover? 

One can only tell, if you take a journey. A journey that has been long forgotten. A journey that has been hidden from you entirely based upon what you've learned.

I believe it is time for you to take that journey. The Lost Journey to be exact! Go and search as I have faith that you will succeed!

Go!

Go...

Are you still reading this....

uh....yeah....this is awkward....

STOP PRESSING NEXT!!!!

So that is how our beginning story goes anyway!

Basically the concept of the game is a do it yourself puzzle game. A bit hard core Zelda you might say, but with a storyline that is intertwined with AI characters you meet. You get certain clues and must figure it out literally on your own. While on your Journey you'll meet up with other fun characters that band into your journey. They will play important roles in the story based on how you use them and how your treat them. As not everyone will survive your journey. The game basically takes you into an Adventure RPG that has choice making decisions that will change how the game plays out. The player will be given a mysterious thrilling puzzle game, where RPG hard core strategy will be thrown at them with loads of fun!

As I mentioned before, we have:

-2 Programmers 

-I'm writing the story, script, characters, etc.

-I'm also doing music.

(What we are currently looking for is a 2D Artist).
We are not 100% sure what type of graphics we are looking for. Tentatively a clean, (pretty detailed, nothing crazy), pixel. We are also considering 2.5D. But we are open to suggestions at our current state. If this is something that interests you, feel free to reply below or shoot me a pm.

Thanks for taking the time to read through!

~Ryan

Advertisement

Hi there for first time readers!

Just to let everyone know, the:

* Pixel Artist position is still available.

We are looking for a 2d 32bit pixel. For our top down 2d, rpg, scoller.

Above is a very very short excerpt of the beginning story. It's very mysterious all game throwing in: Serious matters, exciting gameplay, difficult battles, puzzling scenarios, strategic plans, and of course a heartfelt story that twists and turns at every corner!

Themes:
* Suburb....small town....rural area.
* City
* Lake
* Forest
* City #2 Very Modern
* A lot of indoor modern skyscaper settings

Characters:
* 7 Main / Secondary characters

* AI: Friend / Foe ect..

All are welcome from beginner to expert. This is unpaid until profits are made from end product. When so, it will be a "revenue share."

If your interested feel free to contact me below or in a pm.
Thanks!
Ryan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement