🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ideas for challenges on a story-driven game

Started by
0 comments, last by Stophittingyourself 4 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

I would like to create a game based on a detective novel that I love. So I have the story, and the game will involve talking to different characters to get to the end.

I'm not sure what to add to the game to make it more challenging than just talking with NPCs... I'm not a particular fan on story games like Ester or Firewatch... neither puzzles like moving boxes around to get to the next stage... so not sure what to add... There won't be any fighting involved!

I'm in need of some inspiration... I don't need to be original about it - the story is already good. 

I was thinking of having different outcomes based on the dialog system... But would that be challenging enough? It would also mean straying from the story in the novel... Which isnt something I want to do that much.

PS: game will be a 2D pixelated game so nothing fancy.I was even considering just a text-based adventure type... 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement