🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Game PC, PS3 and Xbox360 - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Started by
90 comments, last by udkultimate 2 years, 9 months ago

Froboz said:

When is the Israeli Defense Force campaign going to be implemented?

Yishtabach Shemo..

לעולם לא

Advertisement

“Never”?

Why is that?

Young, attractive women in combat uniform holding large guns; what's not to like?

My friend, with all respect to all people from all nationality, religions, and even israeli people, it is against my vision for this game, and vision of life make a campaign on which an Israeli Soldier kills palestinians. I am against all the terrorism Israel commits against palestinian people. I am not saying that because I am from Palestininan ascendance, no, I am saying this because this is true, however, I don't like to enter into politics debate and arguments.

Like I said, and I already have done it, the players will be able to play as IDF Soldiers only on multiplayer modes, but campaign, no, I won't be making an Israeli Campaign mode on my game.

However, if you have the skills, my game is easily moddable, so in theory anyone could change the campaign mode and make it Pro-Israel, even though I can't include modding tools for my game, because my Unreal Engine license contract with Epic Games is very specific, because EPIC Games allowed me to use my modified version of UDK Engine, however, did not allow me to distribute it.

Hope you understand me.

Cheers and thanks for the interest on my game.

Ah, and about adding women on my game, I won't be doing it, because I don't want my game sounds like an Arab shooting at women, so the IDF Soldiers on my game are only men.

Also, being a muslim, it is not good doing a game with sugestive theme, like portraing a sexy woman (like on nowadays games). Anything sexual suggestive is forbidden in Islam, especially making a game which young people are going to play.

I am a man, I like women (I am married), but I try, as much as I can, obey the rullings of my religion (Islam), even if it is about developing a game.

Cheers my friend.

שלום עליכם

Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #8 - Enhanced Artificial Intelligence for Enemies

In this article I discuss the technical details of how I created various AI algorithms for my game entirely in Kismet, the Visual Programming Language of Unreal Engine 3.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/news/fursan-al-aqsa-dev-blog-8-enhanced-artificial-intelligence-for-enemies

#FursanAlaqsaGame meets @MortalKombat!

Can you guess what I am planning next to my game?

Cheers!

#Blood #KnifeKills #FinishHim #FlawlessVictory #Fatality

Hello guys! Just want to show off here something cool I created. A cool HeadShots Counter for the Special Ops Mode.

The basic tech behind it is very simple.

On the UnrealScript Class that control the enemy behaviour, I created a boolean variable called HeadShot. Then on the TakeDamage Event of the enemy UnrealScript Class I created a small function to detect which bone of the skeleton was hit by the weapon projectile (in case Head and Neck Bones).

So whenever the weapon projectile hits the Head or Neck Bones, the boolean variable HeadShot is set to true (it begins the code as false).

And then on Kismet there is a node which can read object properties (variables). So I simply added this node to read the variable HeadShot value, and if its true, I made increment in 1 another variable (kismet variable) which is the HeadShot Counter. So that means, each time the player shoots the head of the enemy. the HeadShot Counter will increment in one, so the player performs 3 headhsots on the enemy, the HeadShotCounter will be 3.

Next step is add another counter to count total number of enemies on map. It begins by counting all enemies an add them to an array, and then add an event (Enemy Death), and each time this even occurs, one enemy will be removed fromt the array (ObjectList). So whenever this array becomes empty, that means we killed all enemyes. And after killing all the enemies, then we go there and check for the value of HeadShotsCounter variable. If I want the player to perform at least 10 HeadShots, I need to check if this variable is >= (bigger or equal) than 10. If yes, then the mission is accomplished. If it is < (less) than 10, then mission failed.

It's that simple!

Cheers!

I been following your work since you advertised it on our forums. Fantastic work! Keep it up!

@JoyFreak Thanks my friend, you are a very nice person! Cheers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement