🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A game as my graduation project

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi guys,

I am in game developing for sometime now, and I wanted to create a game as my senior project.

My game project plan:

• Create and Implement graphical environment physics such for water and wind.
  • Give the player ability to construct stuff such as in building in fortnite.

What do I write in the proposal? However my instructor says that the project should contain a problem statement and there are no problem statement in your idea.

Sorry for my english, I appreciate any help!

Advertisement

When I was doing my senior project proposal, my advisor asked me "how would the project fit the program you're currently studying?". For example, I was in the CS so I have to write my project proposal for the CS area. My project is about the programmable rendering pipeline (aka "Shader") which was new at the time, so I write my proposal in the area of Computer Graphics, which is of course one of the Computer Science area.

So in order to answer your question, I think you should explain a little bit about yourself. What is the program you're studying? Is it CS, is it software engineering, etc. If you're studying game design for example you would have to write your proposal differently from the CS folks.

Also, try to find an advisor who is well verse in the area you're aiming for (game development, for example). He/she should be able to help pointing out what can be used in your proposal.

Best of lucks!

http://9tawan.net/en/

Question marks would be nice. Mr_tawan mentioned science. This is not research and development. This is science. Like: Is the earth round? How does current change with voltage across a resistor? What is the reason for tuberculoses? Are NP and NP hard different classes? Is functional programming isomorphic to OOP? Water and wind are governed by the navier stokes equation. With Reynold-Numbers for typical situations in Fortnite they are too expensive even on PhysX on GPU. Minature mabe? No storm!

monit said: "What do I write in the proposal? However my instructor says that the project should contain a problem statement"

Talk to your instructor! This website has a strict rule against homework posts, so the thread is closed.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement