🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Steam Revolution [train simulation game]

Started by
2 comments, last by JoeMakesGames 4 years, 5 months ago

I've been working on a train simulation game off and on for a couple of years. The game is starting to have enough stuff implemented now that people might be interested in seeing what I have been working on. Until now, almost nobody has seen what I am doing, but I have recently started making some videos talking about what I have done, and what I am doing.

Here is an introductory video.

Advertisement

The first video was talking about the motivation and design inspirations. I made another video that is talking about a more technical part of the game's development: how I draw the terrain in the game.

I show some of the updates I made to Steam Revolution during the winter break. I also show some of the signaling and station design options that are possible. These include bidirectional tracks, multi-platform ro-ro and terminal stations. I also show the 4 signal types that can be made by players. These are the block signals, the chain signals, clearance signals, and free entry signals. All signals can be either one-way or bidirectional.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement