🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Recruiting Talent for New Fighting Game Project for EA

Started by
6 comments, last by R. Bates 4 years, 5 months ago

To Apply, send Resume's and examples of work to robertbates1040@gmail.com . Please read entire post before applying. Thank you.

Hi, my name is Robert Bates. I have been in talks with Electronic Arts (EA) as well as other companies. EA is interested in potentially picking us up as a publisher or possibly even to help develop. However, we first need at least a working demo product to present to them.

I, Robert Bates, will act as Team Project Lead, however all other positions are open. Note that this is a work for free project with possible payment in the end. Essentially, if the game makes money, we all make money. I am offering equal Major and Minor shares for Leads and Non-Leads for this project. Exactly how big those shares will depend on amount of team members, but as this is expected to be a small team, you could expect somewhere around 10%-20%. All official team members will be given a contract detailing specifics of terms for what is expected from your work and what percentage you will be paid from all profits generated from this project. (Note: Each individual position will be given a separate share amount, meaning if you are officially brought onto the team in multiple positions, you will receive higher share percentage overall.)

Position Openings:

• Lead Programmer/Programmer
  • Lead Artist/Artist
  • Lead Audio Technician (Sound & Music)/ Audio Tech
  • Lead Writer/Writer
  • Lead Online Infrastructure Technician

Type of work this project involves:

• Programming character animations, hit boxes, health bars, stages, menu interfaces, scene transition (ie going to the next level), 1 vs 1 game mode, Practice mode, basic fighting game Ladder mode.
  • Art for 11 characters and their animations (estimated 20-40 animations per character), 10 stages (lightly animated), art for menus and interfaces, character art for bio's and ending's.
  • 12 original music compositions, and sound effects for characters, menus, and interfaces.
  • Write base story setup, character bio's, and character ending's.
  • Online infrastructure to allow 1 vs 1 play on the internet. (Prefer to include a Ranking System that all always are participating in [i.e. every match is a ranked match you gain or lose points, allowing rematches with max limit of 10 wins]. Allow Private Non-Ranked Matches. “King of the Hill” style game mode both ranked and non-rank.) Bare minimum to start we are looking for a working infrastructure of some sort.

All Team Members will collaborate together to ensure we have a shared vision. All work to be approved of by Team Project Lead. All final decisions made by Team Project Lead. Team update meetings to be held bi weekly (however no team meetings will begin til team is fully put together, with Online Tech being an exception).

To Apply please email us at robertbates1040@gmail.com detailing what position(s) you are applying for exactly. Detail exactly what work you can do that this project is needing. If able, send attachments of example(s) of the type of work you're applying for. Please allow up to 14 days after applying to hear back about your application after all considerations.

More Project Details

The goal is to create a base game structure in playable form for presentation to video game companies. (EA has shown interest.) The following is a base minimums for demo build and full build.

Demo Base Build Minimums:

• Working menu and interfaces, working characters and hit boxes, 1 vs 1 mode.
  • Art and animations for 2 characters and 1 stage, as well as menu and interfaces art.
  • 1 original music composition and sound effects for characters.
  • Bio's for 2 characters and overall story setup.

Full Base Build Minimums:

• Working Menus, Interfaces, Characters, Stages, animations, hit boxes, health bars, scene transitions, 1 vs 1 and Practice game modes, Ladder game mode (Short/Med/Long ladders 6/8/10) ect.
  • Full art for 11 characters, 10 Stages, bio and ending art for 10 characters, menu/interface art, animation art for characters and stages.
  • 12 original music composition, sound effects for all characters and menus/interfaces.
  • Bio and Endings written for all 10 playable characters and overall arching story set up for now and future.
  • (Optional) Online infrastructure allowing 1 vs 1 play on the internet. (Preferably with ranking system and a King of the Hill mode included.)

Expanded Build (Optional development for this project after Full Base Build):

• Top-Down RPG style Story Mode.
  • More Characters
  • More Stages
  • More Modes
  • New Costumes

This thread will be updated weekly until all needed positions are filled.

We look forward to reviewing your application. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.

Advertisement

@undefined Hi. I can help you with alot of this free positions, but mostly writing story. I already have two books written. I also have been making a 3D game alone and I have experience in coding and designing.

I would be happy to help you. How can I contact you?

Hi, I am a composer and I have been composing for 4 years. I am interested in composing music for your project. I mainly do orchestral music and electronic music. There are links below for the work I did in the past. Please message me back if you re interested.

Spotify:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jacky-chan-536075013

ItsUrBadDay said:

@undefined Hi. I can help you with alot of this free positions, but mostly writing story. I already have two books written. I also have been making a 3D game alone and I have experience in coding and designing.

I would be happy to help you. How can I contact you?

Please email us at robertbates1040@gmail.com with Resume and Examples of work. Thank you.

Jacky Chan said:

Hi, I am a composer and I have been composing for 4 years. I am interested in composing music for your project. I mainly do orchestral music and electronic music. There are links below for the work I did in the past. Please message me back if you re interested.

Please email us at robertbates1040@gmail.com with Resume and Example of work. Thank you.

@R. Bates:

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Lead Programmer, but my availability after spring 2020 may become limited. I don't have credit for any published games, but I have succeeded at building plenty of personal projects in Unity, including supporting multiplayer. If you are looking for examples of my code style or strengths, I can probably drum up an example of whatever you need - please advise and I will include some assets in my formal application.

Most of my programming experience was gained outside of game development, and so my knowledge of different platforms is limited. I am comfortable enough to take a lead role with the combination of Unity3D and C# but would need to work under someone's guidance if the chosen platform is something else. My approach to software development is pretty classical, with plenty of time spent in the planning stage. I am a big proponent of saving time through management. :D

I am currently the programming lead for another (free by design) game with a similar sized team.

Omi said:

@R. Bates:

I'll throw my hat into the ring for Lead Programmer, but my availability after spring 2020 may become limited. I don't have credit for any published games, but I have succeeded at building plenty of personal projects in Unity, including supporting multiplayer. If you are looking for examples of my code style or strengths, I can probably drum up an example of whatever you need - please advise and I will include some assets in my formal application.

Most of my programming experience was gained outside of game development, and so my knowledge of different platforms is limited. I am comfortable enough to take a lead role with the combination of Unity3D and C# but would need to work under someone's guidance if the chosen platform is something else. My approach to software development is pretty classical, with plenty of time spent in the planning stage. I am a big proponent of saving time through management. :D

I am currently the programming lead for another (free by design) game with a similar sized team.

This project is intended to be made for PC, PS4, and Xbox One Platforms. Possibly Next Gen as well. Development software capable of publishing applications for such platforms will be required. I do not expect any one to purchase such software, but rather I am looking for someone who already has such software (ie GameMaker). If this is something you're capable of, I would be very interested in discussing everything more with you in private.

*Update

Still accepting applications for all positions. However no applicants will be officially accepted til a Programmer is officially on board. Need of a Programmer is top priority at the moment for this project. All other applications for other fields will be reviewed and considered, but only chosen after Programmer(s) are officially on team.

Send applications and/or questions to robertbates1040@gmail.com . Thank you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement