🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How is a Virtual Sports Betting Created?

Started by
4 comments, last by frob 4 years, 5 months ago

Hi!

I have a doubt on how the videos in a virtual sports betting in a site created?

I have shared a link below for reference -

http://demo.playbetman.com/Home/Virtual/?p=1DF98B06-0CD0-4A78-8714-A135A67A396F&dg=2&s=default

What I want to know is how is the videos created?

1. 1st question: Is it a bunch of videos/scenarios? So depending on the algorithm/logic a particular video out of 100 (maybe more) is selected and streamed?
  2. 2nd question: Is it possible to create a game instead where each race animal has a algorithm to it, instead of creating 100s of videos? Thus, according to the player the game looks like a video…

I hope the questions I mentioned is understandable?

Advertisement
  1. Looks to me like a horizontal slot game. You've asked about slots before. Same principles likely apply. The code spins some wheels and comes up with a result, which then is displayed in the form of dogs (or horses or frogs) crossing the finish line in the resulting order.
  2. Yes. Pretty much anything is possible. And I don't think it looks like much of a video (it's just dog sprites with few animation stages).
  3. Is this really a Game Design question, or is it a programming question? You're not just trying to rack up views on playbetman, are you?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:
Is this really a Game Design question, or is it a programming question? You're not just trying to rack up views on playbetman, are you?

Hi Tom,

Please don't misunderstand me… That was really not my intention… I actually got a a client requirement to create something similar to the reference site I posted. I'm trying to figure out if me and my team is capable to create such a site before giving the client a solid answer.

Okay, we get a lot of SMM activity here, so we mods get suspicious easily. Hard words coming up: if your team isn't sure if you can make a particular gambling game, you shouldn't take the contract. Gambling apps (and apps that have the appearance of gambling) exist in a strictly governed area, with a lot of minefields and traps. Get experience working on those when somebody else is taking all the risks, and your lawyer is comfortable that you're held harmless by the client. You can also be sued by your client if problems arise from the project. Not a pleasant arena for those starting out.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

JoAndRoPo said:
I actually got a a client requirement to create something similar to the reference site I posted. I'm trying to figure out if me and my team is capable to create such a site before giving the client a solid answer.

Videos and visuals themselves can be whatever you want. That's not the hard part.

Gambling in all forms is heavily regulated around the globe. In large part, this is because it is quite easy to launder money --- converting “dirty” money from crimes into “clean” money obtained by gambling. Money laundering attracts many different criminal elements, since everything from large organized crime syndicates down to petty thieves are interested in it.

You really need to get your business lawyer involved before making any commitments. Certifications for gambling mechanics can be incredibly expensive and difficult. Liability for gambling machines involves both your lawyers and your business insurance, which is something your lawyer will recommend is updated if you accept the deal.

Your lawyer can also help you with government contacts, or more likely, get you in touch with a law firm that can help you with the government contacts, because as part of that regulation you'll be working with government inspectors. They'll likely be reviewing both the code and the financial systems behind it.

The list goes on and on for gambling devices, but the first stop is with your business lawyer. They'll probably recommend a second lawyer (or law firm) specializing in gambling law.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement