🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[RevShare] - Negative Horizons - Sci-Fi Action/RPG

Started by
5 comments, last by Vollkrasser 4 years, 4 months ago

This is a new project, that has a sound story/concept, but upon setting up a team, we will decide which technology. We may test several solutions, even a custom 3D engine.

I am Antony Wells. I have been coding 2D and 3D games for over 20 years, and can code in both C#/C++ and other languages.

The game's story is,

You are an Android in the near future. A series of dramatic events involving androids results in a ban of the technology. You then form a band of exiled androids, searching for the holy grail. Human-like emotions. So you can blend into society and avoid destruction.

The game has an epic twist at the end. As you win or fail, you awake in the far future. The entire events of being a synthetic android without emotions was a training program, called “Rain” - You awake to be told you always were human. The whole journey was to prepare you for life. The player feels love and happiness for the first time.

The training program was a projected reality into the new person's mind, a combination of A.I and Virtual Reality Synthesis

-

So as far as talent required, I am helping design and code the game, but we need the following.

3D Artists - Both props and characters

3D Level Design

Sound FX

Music Guy.

2D/3D Concept artists.

Story writer - to write quest stories and overall dialogue.

Thanks, Antony.

Advertisement

Your game seems to be very exciting. I recently took the mycfavisit survey and they awarded me with the tellgamestop coupon. Is it valid to buy this game?

No sorry, this game is in dev.

Thanks, Antony.

I would recommend to provide the basics before looking for a team. e.g. if you wanna build youre own engine, then you dont need a level-designer yet.

Yes I understand your point. How-ever we may use Unity3D or Unreal. But I understand your point.

Thanks, Antony.

Before you “lead a team” in an engine you have no experience with, I recommend to learn the workflows in the engine (at least 1+ years) in several projects, or you quickly lead the team to a frustrating failure.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement