🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How can I create the game like this attached images

Started by
18 comments, last by hplus0603 4 years, 3 months ago

@undefined I wish to be a developer that why I need a guidance or tutorials… but the problem is how can get the tutorials that relate to my game idea. But am grateful you guys start understand what I am looking for.

Advertisement

gentbreezy said:

@undefined I wish to be a developer that why I need a guidance or tutorials… but the problem is how can get the tutorials that relate to my game idea. But am grateful you guys start understand what I am looking for.

Game developers create visual content for a game and write code to implement all the game’s features and functionality (that could mean scripting language)

When I refer to visual content that could mean creating a 3d model, art work and perhaps working with a scripting language. The interesting thing is that you can design the entire game with out writing any code. The pictures don't make sense to me and I wouldn't even know where to start, all I see is 3 round objects aligned to some sort of triangular grid but not sure what the objective of the game is, how do the pieces move, what do they do? I have no clue.

@undefined Those 6 objects are supposed to be moved to any unoccupied intersection where two or more lines are met… therefore opponents may place their objects to their target they want. It can be 1 vs 1 or 1 vs Computer.

gentbreezy said:
I wish to be a developer that why I need a guidance or tutorials… but the problem is how can get the tutorials that relate to my game idea. But am grateful you guys start understand what I am looking for.

All games display stuff, allow you to click at things in the display, and have the game respond to those clicks. What exactly you display, where you can click, and how the game responds to clicks is different for every game.

As such programming the game breaks down to 2 separate things, learn how to elementary things like displaying something and clicking at it, getting information about clicks in the program, and how to compute a response is the first part, basically building blocks. Secondly, apply the building blocks to your game.

This is also how tutorials are typically constructed, they show how to do elementary things, illustrated by some random simple game. The latter isn't strictly needed to learn about the former, but it makes a tutorial much more fun to do, and gives the tutorial a simple way to avoid having to explain the purpose of the various elementary things, since a reader knows the game that is being programmed and understand where the author of the tutorial is going.

So, basically any tutorial will do I think, just don't look at it as “a tutorial for <X> game”, but look one level deeper, how do they code the things required by the game?

gentbreezy said:

@undefined Those 6 objects are supposed to be moved to any unoccupied intersection where two or more lines are met… therefore opponents may place their objects to their target they want. It can be 1 vs 1 or 1 vs Computer.

It looks a lot like a game I played in my youth, the mill game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_men%27s_morris but that has a different board. The link also shows ‘three mens morris’, maybe that's what you want to program? (at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_men%27s_morris )

@Alberth Yes bro it is

@Alberth Yes Bro I need to create the game like that

@undefined Correctly, this was my basic idea. I need to create the game like this with additional new features.

“need” ?

Are you doing home work here?

I think that @gentbreezy doesn't use English as a first language, and the difference between “need” and “want” may be a translation difference.

It may also be that @gentbreezy hasn't learned things on their own online before, but instead only followed pre-defined paths to canned knowledge, and thus is a beginner not just to game making, but also to “how to learn things for yourself.”

Both of those are skills that must be practiced, and to someone new to the field, it may not seem as important to learn the “how to learn” skill when they only want to learn “how to make a game.” But, trust me, the skill “how to learn things online on my own” is 100x more valuable than the skill “how to make this game.” It's basically the skill that sets apart mediocre developers, from good developers. It's something I always screen for when interviewing job candidates. It's an amazing determinant of overall career success!

The Godot engine, and tutorials, can be found here: https://docs.godotengine.org/en/3.1/getting_started/step_by_step/your_first_game.html

I found this link by doing: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=godot+engine+tutorials

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement