🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What should I create First?

Started by
0 comments, last by R.HarisNauman 4 years, 3 months ago

Hi

This is going to be an awkward and confusing topic for most of you but here it is:

I am a software Engineering student in 6th semester, and when it comes to games i have been playing them since 1st grade and modding them since 6th grade. I have made mods for Men of war and my last mod was for call to Arms (Conquest) in 2016.

I can use and have used almost all free engines out there (all have 3D support i never bothered with 2D only). Cryengine unreal unity amazon lumberyard godot.

Now that i have gave an introduction to myself you can see I can use and make alot of stuff so what bothers most people does not bother me.

My problem is that even with all that experiance and demos i have not a single finished product under my belt. Every time i get an offer from a studio its 99% a huge project that is very unrealistic to achieve. You know when the people have very unrealistc huge goals that makes you roll your eyes.

I am thinking about going solo or just a small team maybe. I can't think of stuff to make, if I can code something cool then compared to that i have 0 skills in 3d modeling or art as a whole, I can never make a whole thing.

What you think that I should tackle first that can be a complete project?

Isometric rpg,fps,tps,puzzle,platformer?? Whatever i choose i would not be able to do art side of things its a very big problem yet i see devs who make their own models and code stuff themselves. I am just so bad at art i can even draw a stickman correctly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement