🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for creatives to join a Pirate Based RPG game

Started by
2 comments, last by Launcher111 4 years ago

Ahoy! My name is Jack and I am a gameplay programmer! Currently, I am working to get a new project off the ground: “Admiral of the Black.” This game will be a 3D pirate RPG based loosely around Port Royal. It will explore a main narrative but also explore the economy of the pirates and how they ran operations out of the island. A bit about the project and who we are looking for:

My Exp: I am a senior computer science student looking to get into the game industry next year. I have worked on multiple projects both in Unreal and Unity. If you are interested in seeing my portfolio, feel free to reach out and I would be happy to share it with you.

Length Of project: We are looking to turn out a demo for the project by August. That demo will include polished gameplay and an introduction to the main storyline of the game. The demo will be used to start a Kickstarter. If the project seems to have legs and backing, we will continue. Either way, you will get a great piece for your portfolio regardless of if this turns into a full project or not!

Payment: This is a rev share project. If the Kickstarter turns out to be successful, everyone on the team will receive a cut. Once we begin planning for that phase, all payment splits will be up for negotiation. That being said, to maximize our chances of being funded, we will start marketing and showing progress on social media as soon as possible. This will allow us to grow a following of people who are excited about the project, and hopefully entice them to back it.

Who We Are Looking For: The team is in its very early stages right now. Specifically, we are looking to bring on the following positions for the demo:

Animators

Composers

Game/Level Designers

Writers

The demo will use paid assets to speed up the development and world-building process. However, should the game be funded we will also be looking to bring on various artists and modelers to flush out the final product.

Contact Method: Discord DMs are the best way to get in touch with me. C4LIC0#3683

Advertisement

Hey all, just wanted to follow up here and say that the team is filling out very nicely and we are now looking only for animators and a game designer. If this is you and you are interested in coming on board, please feel free to reach out and I can share more info about the game and the team!

Awesome concept, I'm a writer and something not on your list, a historian. Please you need a historian, port royale could have used some more history (meds for vanarial diseases was huge). Natives weren't added in, bottoming boats out on reefs could sink the boat. Most games of that era are dumbed way down. If your building a quality game, I would be interested.

If you have a fun project in mind, with nontraditional and obscene characters, probably save time and message me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement