๐ŸŽ‰ Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! ๐ŸŽ‰

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Golden Fall 2 Demo. Feedback required.

Started by
15 comments, last by Zurtan 3ย years, 10ย months ago

Nice, I listened to the first talk for now.

I think I will try out some of the things he mentioned, but not everything.

I don't agree with everything he says, but I can take some of the things he mentioned and implement.

The things I am going to try out are the:

1. 20 ms "sleep". I will implement a function in the round manager that allows to pause the game in resolution of miliseconds.
  2. Perhaps I will do character shake when it gets hit or hit other characters.
  3. More elaborate death animation. For now in death enemies just fade away. I don't want them to explode I think, because there needs to be a matter of immersion. It's an RPG not an action game. But I will think of something.
    I think I have an issue with leaving their bodies though.
  4. And finally, be more mindful of sound effects. Perhaps adding more bass. I think I pick pretty good sound effects, but I think I could make some sound effects have more bass if they are more related to impact and death.
Advertisement

Implemented some juicyness I guess.

I'm not sure of the mechanics of the game but it looks like the player's attacks and the enemy's attacks are overlapping too much. Also the hit sprite could be a couple of frames shorter, or shrink away.

How come the hallway image in the middle of the trailer is so much better that the hallway image in the start menu?

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚<โ†The tone posse, ready for action.

Yea, I think you are right. The hit and miss sprite where staying for too long, like about 500 ms.

I shortened it to 333 ms

Is this a more convincing trailer?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement