🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

the game

Started by
1 comment, last by SuperVGA 3 years, 11 months ago

i am 12 year old and i want to learn how to make games i have played many games and im getting bored of it and now i want to make a game

Advertisement

Hi sekhno! That's a really good idea. 12 isn't too early - I remember starting with Games Factory (Klik n Play) when I was that age. Now that's been over 20 years, and today we have some more modern versions of these programs that allow us to make games.

They are now easier to use, but they can also do a lot more, and as such, they're actually what we call Game Engines. One of these which is very suitable for beginners is Godot. Another one is Game Maker.

They may seem overwhelming, and I don't want to scare you away. I know that the Godot page I linked you to has some nice steps that take you through making a little game, so you could start with that. If that's too much, perhaps we can look at writing little programs. Do you know what programming is?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement