🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Some way to get player feedback

Started by
4 comments, last by vinayak2 3 years, 11 months ago

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I am working on a new game with a couple of friends. We are close to doing a beta launch. What I wanted to know is this - when we launch, we'll need some way to interact with our players. Is there a free tool that will help us get started? We're looking at something that can be done rather easily - we don't want to spend too much time on it yet.

Thanks!

Advertisement

What level of detail and response time do you need? Should it be voice or would a form be ok? Would it be beneficial to integrate into the product, so you can obtain technical details along with the feedback?

NOTE: Didn't do any of this, but it could be an interesting discussion anyways.

@vinayak2 A form is fine. Ideally, I want the players to stay in the pp and not go out for email/phone call for support. Technical details would be a nice-to-have, but not an immediate requirement.

vinayak2 said:

@vinayak2 A form is fine. Ideally, I want the players to stay in the pp and not go out for email/phone call for support. Technical details would be a nice-to-have, but not an immediate requirement.

Alright - what platform are you using? Unless it's already web, I'd suggest firing a simple http request with user input towards a company endpoint. You'd of course need to have something there that can handle the messages and potential abuse, but depending on the beta participation, this is not necessarily something you should worry about.

Yes, it is web - so just a simple form submission should do it to start off. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement