🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Hobby/RevShare] Looking for 2D artist

Started by
0 comments, last by AlexanderVdB 3 years, 11 months ago

Hi all,

I am hobbyist game programmer and game designer and I am looking for a (hobbyist) 2D artist.

The goal would be to create games together and release them either free or paid. You would take care of the art, I can take care of the programming & the game design can be done by me, you or together.

About me

I work as a computer science teacher from Mondays to Thursdays. I spend many of my evenings, Fridays and weekends creating games. I love programming and I love seeing how people experience the games I make. I have a background in computer science and data analytics. I have been creating games for a couple of years now. I've learned a lot and it's been a lot of fun. I've loved designing the games, creating them in a game engine (Unity) and playtesting the games. I've tried learning how to create art, using free art and buying pre-made art, but honestly I do not enjoy it. I think the art of a game is very important and I hope to find someone who does very much enjoy spending time on this aspect of a game. I am located in Belgium and do most of my game development in the evenings (18:00-22:00) on Monday to Thursday and during the day (09:00-17:00) on Fridays and weekends.

I would love to discuss what kind of games we would make, but here's some insight in what kind of games I currently like to create and play:

• I love games that are easy to play, yet hard to master.
  • I like being inspired by card and board games. I often first iterate on a paper prototype before getting started on a digital prototype.
  • I love procedural generation.
  • Examples of games that inspire me:
    • Digital: Slay the Spire, Dicey Dungeons, Into the Breach, ...
    • Board games: Gloomhaven, Aeon's End, Mechs VS Minions, ...

Examples of games I made:

Contact

Let me know here or contact me on a.vandenbulck@gmail.com. I would love to discuss this further in a video call and I think it would be cool if we could get started by creating a small game together.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement