🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hi its my story

Started by
0 comments, last by Dannaki 3 years, 10 months ago

Hi.

My name is Dannaki. I am used to this nickname and consider it as my main name. I come from Russia, I like to listen to lofi music. I started developing video games in 2008, but he was able to develop to the professional level. I like Japanese themes and I am studying the history of this country. During my time, I have done many small projects that have not grown into large releases. In terms of activity, I am more of a 3D modeler, but due to the bitter experience of working in teams, I learned how to write scripts, and make maps, and create sounds. I tried freelancing as a 3D modeler, but in Russia they often cheat with payments, therefore, and then I failed.
In the winter of 2020, I discovered the opportunity to create games for the android system. I liked the feature to create your own controllers and the ability to make low poly models.
In May 2020, I saved up from my salary for an average computer. Having installed the unit, I decide to complete the idea of the race - “a certain demon on a tank drives around hell and overcomes obstacles”.

Аt the time of video recording I studied the engine NeoAxis and played Postal 2.
In June, I started developing a game for the android system. And so that the player would not be so bored, I added zombies to the levels, which flew to pieces. Yes, it looks like сarmageddon. And I liked it very much, on the tank you can fly in different positions, think over the tactics of passing one or another part of the level.

Zombies are blown apart by the tank

There was also an optional plot in the game, but he still very briefly explained the plot of the game and painted some characters. Stories could be skipped by going to the menu, and thus go directly to new levels.

Flight of the tank to another part of the level due to an obstacle.
Traps that awaited the player at the level.

According to my idea, the levels were divided into chapters, and each chapter represented its own time period, and therefore it had its own decorative elements. This made the game more varied. And in the final chapter, the main character's tank changed and became faster, this was also said in the storyline.
The final level for the player, I made a fight with the boss, which the player sees on the penultimate level. The fight was very simple, the player only drives in a straight line, and the boss prevents him using three types of obstacles at random. I left the very ending of the game open, as I planned to save money to make the second part of the game, where I would reveal the lore of the game in more detail. But...

My game was banned from Google Play Market indicating the reason as propaganda of terrorism.
I really don't know what I included in the game so that it equated to mass murder, and in the game itself, in the initial story, there is just a condemnation of world wars and the murder of people. I tried to publish the game on Amazon, but got rejections - first that the game does not work, and then that I promote violence.

If you want to try the game - https://a4ch.itch.io/partank

Thanks for reading.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement