🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I need a programmer and an artist for a FPS game project

Started by
1 comment, last by rayan008 3 years, 10 months ago

PROJECT NAME
The project right now is called Battle Arena, likely not its final name.

ROLES NEEDED
Programmer
3D Artist OR 2D Artist

TEAM SIZE
3 minimum: myself, programmer, artist.

RESPONSIBILITIES
It should be stated this position assumes you have other responsibilities “in the real world”, but we would try to show some measure of progress weekly.

PROGRAMMER
The programmer would be responsible for picking a toolset (Unreal, Godot, Unity), building the game with or without a template as a start, commenting code, engine maintenance, and game coding duties.

3D ARTIST
The artist would create or modify a low poly model, animate the model, create several texture/skin options for the model, modify the models I’ve created for the weapons (or create new ones), create textures/skins for the weapons, and environment items like powerups.

2D ARTIST
The artist would create a default player sprite, from multiple angles (like Doom 1994’s sprites), for the legs, torsos, and head (these would be separated, but programmatically put together in game). There would be a system in place to show which weapon the player is holding. Additionally, environment items would be required as well.

THE GAME
The game has two modes: Creation mode and Gameplay Mode.

GAMEPLAY MODE
The game would be a first person battle game much like you would see in Quake 3 Arena. It would have several game modes like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and other variations. It would require simple bots and be multi-player capable.

CREATION MODE
The game would be single player or multi-player and put in a blank map with a starting set of blocks. The player or players would be able to create the arenas in a minecraft like mode cooperatively.

CONTACTING ME
If you are interested, please contact me directly at my email address: luckygreentiger+GDN@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Advertisement

So you are funding the development?

Are you also handling the audio?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement