🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Track and Field game

Started by
0 comments, last by Grindelwald 3 years, 9 months ago

Hello everyone. I believe my question is for dummies and I am one. Anyway, I'd like to imagine this kind of game. There is a background, let's imagine that it moves as character runs 100m race. Now, add to that movement of character. Animation of moving, acceleration, time, etc.

Let's think of 2D approach. What should I have in mind if I want to make that type of game? What software is best suited for that type of development?

Let's think of 3D approach. Only difference here is that the character have that 3D note, but keep it in mind that the perspective is still the same. You look at the character from aside. Not above, not at some angle, only aside.

Main question is, where to start from? I am sure there are many things I should learn (duuh) but can somebody tell me the way? I don't want online tutorials about it. I want correct understanding of how it works so that I can apply it later. Not by looking for tutorial on every question I may have.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement