🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

maze game

Started by
13 comments, last by pbivens67 3 years, 7 months ago

actually no, the GLUTKEYRIGHT does do something. it checks if there is a wall on the right

Advertisement

@pbivens67 (respectfully) i can see some redundant code in your logic and flaws in that logic; but i won't go over them… you have already received good advice, so let's think about something else:

i think u have a desire to make games, which is good, and making games is supposed to be fun, but if you do not spend some time improving on understanding “the reason behind things in game" then game dev for you will become frustrating. That's not good;

Forgive if I'm wrong, but I think u need to take time to learn game dev by following tutorials, amending these tutorials, so you can see what logically happens when things are coded differently;

So please have a look at this series:

yes it's in JAVA… but it doesn't matter, however if JAVA is really not your thing then at least look at what he is doing:

• by the time u get to the 4th episode you'll be rendering stuff
  • at the 10th episode you will be animating
  • then further down, ep 31 to 36, you'll be rendering sprites in a maze like yours

the dude teaching it has a pleasant accent, i think women luuuuv'im ?, so give it a go;

it feels to me like u need a fresh start, these tutorials can be a good restart, take your time but remember to take breaks, a good weekend break will help revive your mind, spirit and logical thinking; probably even do something else on the weekends (Bake?) -yay-

Well, I hope this helps;

That's it … all the best ?

@ddlox I am watching the tutorial is there any tutorials using c++ and opengl?

I am thinking about using a depth first search algorithm to traverse my maze, is this a good idea?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement