🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

hello can someone help me learn the basics of making a game

Started by
4 comments, last by 8Observer8 3 years, 7 months ago

i am beginner game developer can someone help learn the basics of making a game and i still thinking on what game engine to use unreal or unity

Advertisement

if u go to: udemy and type “game development” in the search box, you will see a list like this one:

choose what u want and go for it, they will tell u the basics and more;

have fun ?

patriot23 said:
i still thinking on what game engine to use unreal or unity

Learn both. Later you will understand what engine you like more. Or you will like and use both.

patriot23 said:

i am beginner game developer can someone help learn the basics of making a game and i still thinking on what game engine to use unreal or unity

What is your preferred programming language? You should start with your abilities in that area, and consider your engine/framework based on that. If you can't program yet, you'll be best off by learning to program, but you could also pick up GameMaker or Godot.

If you can program - great. If you're a C# wizard, you'll probably be most inclined jumping into Unity, however one must acknowledge the simplicity in the abovementioned engines (GM and Godot) when it comes to beginning with game development.

I just add some things. Unity, Godot and Unreal have visual scripting (if you do not know any programming language yet or if you are a designer). I googled that GameMaker can be used for 3D games too, see docs: working with 3D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement