🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

newbie needs help

Started by
6 comments, last by titipetra 3 years, 6 months ago

Hello,

I am very new to game design and need some help with information on how to approach a serious game that will allow players design things e.g clothes and get live feedback from other players.

Any information on what genre of game this is or tutorial/resource on how to approach this will be helpful.

Thank you

Advertisement

titipetra said:
I am very new to game design

oh lovely well done ?

titipetra said:
how to approach a serious game

what is your understanding of a serious game ?
(in your answer, please also give an example of an actual/real game you believe is serious)

titipetra said:
Any information on what genre of game this is or tutorial/resource on how to approach this will be helpful.

what have you yourself found so far ?…

titipetra said:
I am very new to game design and need some help with information on how to approach a serious game that will allow players design things e.g clothes and get live feedback from other players.

But are you really asking about game DESIGN? Or are you asking about implementation? Anybody can design a game. Making a game is much harder than designing one. You need to clarify your question. What is it you're really trying to find out?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@ddlox There are so many tutorials out there, i am only asking for guidance on the right tutorial for the game in question. We have all been a newbie at something at one point or the other.

Peace.

@Tom Sloper

Hello,

Thanks Tom.

I want to design the game but want to have some understanding on how such games are made.

Its like a fashion app which will allow players to mix and match but more importantly it should allow players to recommend new styles (not the pre-loaded ones) and earn points if other players rank their recommendation well.

As i am very new to game design, i am struggling with finding the right resource or tutorial that will guide me.

It sounds like you want to make a system for designing clothes that also lets designers critique each other. Does that sounds about right?

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

@Lendrigan Games yes

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement