🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Very small text rendering on small resolution screens

Started by
0 comments, last by _WeirdCat_ 3 years, 3 months ago

Found an issue with 1200x800 displays.

My text is missing pixels. Here is what i have (there's also sample from a modern game that handles rendering correctly (text: upgrades camo) (screenshots are from the same device)

I tried 4 approaches so far:

• Draw a character as a texture with sampling 4 pixels (top, left, bottom, right) to find if there is at least one hit if it is then make that pixel visible → looks like in image posted…
  • Draw text as a set of polygons (each character is a set of polygons that form a letter) , (There is “consuma” text to the right of “camo” text and at the right of this consuma there's a cut how does it look like….
  • Draw text as set of lines smoothed with (GL LINE SMOOTH) looks almost the same like above
  • And last test for now is to just take multiple samples (the same as in first approach) and output the averaged intensity. Looks like this blueish image (which actually shows the same issue over)

Any advices how to fix that?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement