🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GUI - OS & Hardware Cross-Platform, Written In C

Started by
11 comments, last by Nordmann 3 years, 2 months ago

hehe, tbh, i still don't understand the difference between various ‘programming paradigms’, and i still don't know what ‘OOP’ really means :D

Advertisement

@undefined I have been working with GTK for GUI, C coded applications strictly until I reach about intermediate level understanding. I am very happy with GTK. It is written in C, though eventually I will likely use bindings for other languages. About a month ago, I spent an hour reading at gtk.org and another hour on the “example application” under paragraph “Develop with GTK”. Two hours and I learned how to do it! I am sure that GTK will be one of my methods for GUI for a long time to come. Eventually, I will learn imGUI as an alternative. There is probably a way to use both imGUI and GTK in the same project according to needs, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Thank you for the replies.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement