🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Multiplayer Android Game currently in Alpha

Started by
2 comments, last by ampdesigns 2 years, 8 months ago

Greetings,

A brilliant programmer and I (All Art) are currently working on an Android application game which has been making good progress. The game is being developed in Unity and so far we're actually currently in the Alpha Stage of development.

Now Simple Arena Robot PVP is basically a 2D Multiplayer Ranked Based Fighting Shooting Game which also has RPG elements imbedded into the inventory system as well. Basically every item equipped by the player has it's own animation and set of attacks. Now as opposed to simply re-emulating some old sprite art we've created a system that will allow the player endlessly customize their character's look and playstyle.

As opposed to playing a champion or character, the player can alternate their equipment and attacks, which provide a variety of buffs or stats increase.

Our prototype is currently functional and working however there are a few bugs that we still need to fix. Today we've finally gotten to test the new art and implemented the equipment system.

We need help with testing and also with creating artwork. I've designed the sprites but the animations at the moment could also use some serious improvements. Additional help will also be needed to create additional art and tilesheets for level design. Before we release this gem into the marketplace, code optimization is what we're striving for.

If you'd like to help or join our team, feel free to reply here or PM me, I can also be reached by email at; mailto:ampdesigns@live.ca

Thank you and stay safe during this pandemic lads

Advertisement

[Update Post]

Greetings fellow gamers and developers,

SAR is actually nearly completed, We ran into some issues regarding multiplayer gameplay.

Initially I had planned on making this game a somewhat competitive mobile player vs player platformer but due to bugs

in regards to animation the release was delayed. Good games take time to make, hell anything good takes time to make.

we were hoping to release this for Android on October 1st but the programmers are still working on fixing certain bugs.

Honestly this game is going to be awesome, and we promise to not make it pay to win.

Here are some screenshots;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement