🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ICE CREAM making in Unity

Started by
2 comments, last by awais_77 3 years ago

How to make Ice Cream Inc. like Ice cream dropping from Valve handler in Unity 3D?

Advertisement

Fluid simulation.

Maybe this helps: https://github.com/yuanming-hu/taichi_mpm

When i tried this, i could compile the short 2D example, but not the 3D project which lacked dependencies. Maybe 2D is good for you, but even then you would need to replace given snow material with a more viscous model, and to me the math here is not really easy.

Performance is good. I could easily do such ice cream simulation in realtime on my Ryzen 2700. For a mobile game i'm not sure. Might need a clever approach using only a small number of particles, and eventually using GPU.
MPM is generally faster than the well known SPH method, but radius of interaction with neighboring particles is fixed to the background grid resolution, which can be a limitation in some cases but not here.

thanks … I will try it. let see

JoeJ said:

Fluid simulation.

Maybe this helps: https://github.com/yuanming-hu/taichi_mpm

When i tried this, i could compile the short 2D example, but not the 3D project which lacked dependencies. Maybe 2D is good for you, but even then you would need to replace given snow material with a more viscous model, and to me the math here is not really easy.

Performance is good. I could easily do such ice cream simulation in realtime on my Ryzen 2700. For a mobile game i'm not sure. Might need a clever approach using only a small number of particles, and eventually using GPU.
MPM is generally faster than the well known SPH method, but radius of interaction with neighboring particles is fixed to the background grid resolution, which can be a limitation in some cases but not here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement