🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[REV-SHARE] Lead C++ Programmer needed for ASCII text-based crime strategy-simulation to pick up the mantle of my (possibly-deceased) developer partner

Started by
0 comments, last by Wolf Beaumont 2 years, 11 months ago

Name: Underworld: $hadow Economics (U$E)

Genre: Strategy Simulation (with some RPG elements planned)

Role: Lead Developer (C++)

Type: RevShare

Contact: Discord ID - Wolf_oftheDamned#9228 (we communicate as a team and fan community over Discord so this is a prerequisite)

Information:

Underworld: $hadow Economic is a text-based simulation about crime. We have a small but passionate discord fan community that supports our development. Begin as a lowly gang in NYC (currently), where you buy and sell drugs with varying markets in different areas, much like the classic Drug Wars [implemented]. As you grow though, you must economically and violently take on other gangs to corner your markets [implemented], make alliances and partnerships, organize mule-trains [current development] and smurf drops, stay ahead of the police and FBI or even try to infiltrate them. You'll also need to set up stash-houses, money laundering businesses and even set up more illicit money sources from human trafficking and prostitution through to gun running and arms deals.s.

I am the game's lead designer, I've been designing it for almost 3 years now. The game has been in development for over a year and we have an established fan community. My partner, the lead dev of the project, may have passed away from his serious and chronic medical issues - it's impossible to know for sure as he disappeared 7 weeks ago. It's highly unlikely he vanished for any other reason as we had a strong working relationship, not to mention friendship.

Needless to say myself and the game's fan community are all quite upset over this turn of events and it's with a heavy heart we're now opening the door to try and find someone to pick up the mantle my partner left behind. I'm looking for a proficient C++ programmer, who is capable of being passionate about the project and seeing it as something they are invested in. It is also a long-term project and I'm not looking for anyone who'd lose interest after a few months.

We have a small but very active community of fans and an ambitious but scaled game with well-documented designs. It's important for us to find someone who is looking for not only a project but a team and a community to be a part of.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement