🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programmer wanted while I do graphics, marketing, audio, business, visuals (8h per week)

Started by
14 comments, last by Thomaze1988z 2 years, 2 months ago

How do I work and why work with me?

I am looking for a programmer to team up with while I focus on making everyhing look and sound good.

I'm a decent enough programmer. But its not my talent. It is not my forte. It is not what I excel at. I do not learn new programming languages easily.

What I am good at however is being efficient. In doing A LOT with very little resources. Making things look good. Making things sound good. Having business talks and figuring out what the best deals are with publishers, marketing people and streamers. In tying all these elemetns together into 1 project/vision. In creating AA quality games. Not AAA, but I dont think it has to be. I think there is a sweet spot just below AAA.

I've found that if I do all things and also have to ‘worry’ about the programming that a project just grinds to a halt. If the programming part is not working then I can't focus on any other tasks until the programming issue is fixed. Which can cause big delays, puts a lot of stress on me and lowers the quality of the end product. So why not team up with someone that loves programming and split the tasks up?

Recently I've launched a game on Steam. It is doing fairly well. I will keep spending the majority of my time on it for the forseeable future. I do however also want to keep working on other projects to keep my ‘creative brain fresh’. It is hard to explain perhaps, but I am convinced that this is the best course of action.

So what am I looking for?

I am looking for a programmer who's decent enough at math/algebra. Who can learn new technologies relatively easily. But I am alslo looking for a programmer who loves to use existing solutions rather than making everything from scratch. Tons of stuff will still have to be made from scratch, but a lot of time can be saved by avoiding that wherever possible.

I'm also looking for a programmer who is determined/persistent. A lot of projects fail because a difficult issue comes along or a task that takes a long time but is not at all fun to work on. So what do a lot of people do? Start working on a new project while the old project dies. I want to avoid that. So I am looking for someone who wants to see the next project through with me from A-Z.

Interested?

Send me a DM!

Questions?

Ask them below ^^

Game developer

Advertisement

Which language are you looking for? What engine? Is there already a game idea/project ongoing?

@Lazy Fangs c#, unity and yes there are currently a couple of ideas i'd like to work on

Game developer

@Thomaze1988z Neat! And what's the game you got on Steam?

I made two games thus far: https://lazy-fangs.itch.io/

If you're interested in working together, lemme know: Wing Dancer#2868

@undefined there are some potential matches yes. One I am particularly happy with if all goes well. There are also two who have already not worked out, but that is to be expected. Still, I am looking for more talent to work on the next good project

Game developer

@Thomaze1988z If I may ask, how did you come by this broad skill set? Also, how are you able to work on several AA games at once? Sounds like you are superhuman.

@undefined a few related educations that were very broad, 10 years as an entrpeneur in the IT industry and a lifelong interest in tech. Im able to work on several projects at once because the programmers I work with usually do this next to their full time jobs which means they spend about 8 hours per week on the project. Which I then mirror. Also I have put the rest of my life on hold to be able to do this.

Game developer

@thomaze1988z Cool! What are the games you put on Steam?

SuperVGA said:

@thomaze1988z Cool! What are the games you put on Steam?

I am curious about this as well, looking at the picture and what has been described already.

@undefined I'm not looking to disclose that information publicly for multiple reasons. But where relevant I will. Currently it has a “very positive” rating on steam. I do understand that without this information some programmers might not be interested in the project.

Game developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement