🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can anyone help me to improve this 3D game

Started by
13 comments, last by Alberth 2 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

I created this a Unity 3D maze game. I need someone help me to improve this game.

This is maze game. I use Prim's algorithm to create the maze, so the player can walk in the maze.

like picture.

The player (Yoda) can walk in this maze to find a key with different colors to open the same-colored door. Both key and door are located at random spots on the paths in the maze.

After player pick up the key and open the door, that door will disappear. After all door are disappeared, the player will win this game. Now it have different level of the game, each level will have extra door, and the maze map get bigger too.

Please someone can help me to improve this game. If you have any idea to make the game more playful and fun or any idea to improve the 3d model. please let me know, thank you so much.

Advertisement

What part of the game do you like and what part of the game don't you like?

@Alberth Thank you for your reply, I like the maze part. I don't like the key and open the door, because it is boring after you play for a while.

There needs to be a challenge. Can you play this game forever? Can you leave the controls and nothing bad happens? If so, there's no challenge.

So, perhaps add some slow ghosts that chase you to put in some time pressure. Of course, if there's only one path to the key, and there's a ghost between you and a key, you're kind-of screwed, so you'll have to figure this out.

Maybe add some reward – gold goins? – when opening a door. The faster you get to the door, the more coins you get.

Also, look up some maze-like gameplay videos online. Games like Bomberman, Sokoban, and Scary Maze all have maze elements. (OK, sorry about the “scary maze" reference :-) )

Essentially, figure out what the challenge is, what tools the user has to overcome those challenges, put some rewards at overcoming the challenges, and slowly ramp up the pressure of the challenge (more enemies, faster enemies, tougher enemies, less time, …)

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Hello. I have an idea to add enemies to your maze, and randomly generate weapons and food to restore health. If you want to make your game stressful, you can add a health bar, which will make your game more interesting.

You can also invent a story around the maze, and use that as inspiration.

Imagine this would happen in real, you wake up and find yourself somehow in this maze.

How did you arrive at the maze? Why do you need to solve it? Are there opponents? How would they try to stop you? Who owns the maze? (weird question, but it may trigger some fun idea to use).

Just let imagination run free and write ideas down. Afterwards, see if you can compose some of the ideas into a compelling story.

Retaining the key and door chasing mechanic, I'd combine elements from Pacman and Bomberman: enemies chase the player but bombs and obstacles can be deployed to delay, enclose or even kill them. Remaining enemies can follow to the next level. The maze would have to have multiple paths, like in Pacman, with plenty of loops and few dead ends.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Could you add a nighttime element - where it gets dark and you can't see the whole maze, just the walls closest to you?

-difficulty levels
-board monsters
-monsters than jump walls once per minute
-monsters than can only move on walls

-steam -like game achievements
-unlocks

Here's a good one:
one monster only

this is not like pacman because this is a labyrinth, so it's hard to duck
and run from

which will put your labyrinth skills to the max

Remember, 10 keys/doors to open would be hard, but it's worth trying.

Could you add a nighttime element - where it gets dark and you can't see the whole maze, just the walls closest to you?

I like.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement