🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Easiest way to draw some 2D textured triangles?

Started by
2 comments, last by 1024 2 years, 10 months ago

Is there some library or framework or example out there that can let me render some 2D textured triangles? (or even just textured triangles in general) Something that does all the grunt work of creating a window, setting up Direct3D, handling render states and shaders and etc, loading .tga textures and doing all that so I don't need to spend hours messing around trying to get all that working.

Don't really care what license this is under since its for a non-commercial thing that will only go to a few people if that (i.e. not going public) and I am OK with either C++ or C#.

Surely someone has written something to abstract away all the grunt work of doing rendering so I can just plop in some code that actually feeds the triangles in and see what these particular triangles look like (I have spent all day googling for simple examples and similar that would take away all the work but haven't found anything)

Advertisement

well, you have a lot of libraries for C++, I don't know about C# languages but, you should look at SDL, SFML, RayLib and I'm quite sure there are much more out there…

If all you want is just to throw some triangles at the screen, you can take someone's tutorial code. Every tutorial out there has a “drawing a textured triangle” episode, after everything else is already set up. Take the sample code from there, plug in your own triangles and you're done.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement