🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a low-poly 3D Character/Prop Artist and Audio Engineer

Started by
1 comment, last by jjdaly 2 years, 3 months ago

Hi everyone,

My brother and I are currently working on a multiplayer 3D browser game. We think this is an achievable goal with modern advancements such as WebGL and UDP DataChannels. Within the game players will be able to gather resources, exchange for currency and use currency to buy various things such as gear or a plot of land to build on. My brother and I have about 14+ years of combined web development experience now. During that time period we've also been working on various game prototypes in Unity, none which have come to fruition due to lack of 3D art / audio.

This is why we're reaching out via Gamedev.net. We're looking for a 3D artist and Audio Engineer to help us get to market. Unfortunately we can only offer revshare but we hope this will change once we generate cash flow and/or secure funding.

For this project we're hoping to achieve a visual style similar to what you see below:

Character from SEED - not our work.

For the props that are both placed by us, the developers as well as by players themselves we're hoping to achieve something similar to this level of fidelity:

Concept art from SEED - not our work.

As for the world itself we're hoping to achieve something like this:

Environment from SEED - not our work.

If it turns out WebGL is not performant enough to handle the amount of low poly objects seen above we could pivot to creating a game client within Unity if necessary.

As for the audio, we're hoping to find someone who's able to create various Ingame and UI sound effects. Think about sound effects that would play when a player places an object, hovers over items within their inventory or general ambient soundscapes.

If interested you can get in contact via Discord: Arveus#7383

Advertisement

I’m an audio guy.

Im definitely interested in having a chat to see if I can help out with the project.

cheers,

JJ.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement