🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Debug: y texture coordinate is always 0

Started by
2 comments, last by Enzio599 2 years, 7 months ago

as you can see in the pic , my v texture coordinate is always zero, i have verified in input layout that input format for texure coordiante is R32G32 but it is always zero, why this could be , please help…

Advertisement

You haven't provided nearly enough context for me to give even make a wild guess as to what is wrong. What are you trying to accomplish, what did you actually do, what result did you expect, and what result did you actually get?

Are your v texture coordinates 0 when you load and/or generate the mesh? Are they 0 in the vertices you pass into vertex shader? Or are they only 0 in the vertices you get out of the vertex shader? Are they supposed to be 0?

They ware 0 from start of vertex shader input, but not 0 when geometry and vertexbuffer was generated…

But thanks for a look because i solved it by taking exact vertex type as in shader… previously was taking a vec3 ,where i should have been using vec4, to match shader…

Thanks btw…

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement