🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for devs, sfx/music helpers, artists, writers (storyline, blog, dialogue, etc.), voiceover artists, and game designers

Started by
1 comment, last by mondsardy 2 years, 1 month ago

Hey! I'm a middle school student and I have an educational game called Learnloot.

I've been working on it with high school and middle school students that I know online as well as my dad and relatives for fundraising, but I am happy to let anyone help.

The goal of our project is to create an educational game for elementary through high school students. It will teach math at first, but we plan to expand to history, language arts, and other topics eventually. We know there are plenty of other games like this, but we want ours to have all purchasable upgrades be purely cosmetic, so that everyone has the same opportunity to learn from the game, and we don't care a lot about making money from it.

As for the educational content, we plan to use CK-12's educational material, curriculum information from states, and other public domain/Creative Commons educational resources.

Most of my friends that work on it with me have also been busy with school (and so have I, but I do online school on my own schedule, so I have slightly more free time), which is why we need to recruit more people to help.

A basic bit of a storyline (the plot is done, and the main characters have been created, but that's it), a small amount of art (2 characters), a tiny amount of code (basic dialogue and movement system prototype), and a website (on GitHub pages using Jekyll - some of it I coded myself, some is just from other open-source repos) have already been set up for the game, but I would like help from anyone that feels they could be of a help to us - students, professionals, hobbyists of any age and any background.

You do not have to spend much time on this project when you help. As this is a volunteer position, we do not request much time of you, but we want to have something done that we can show our followers and donors online every week or so.

A large amount of experience is not required. Our art style is fairly childish and playful, so don't feel as if you need to be great at art to help. The game is coded in Unity 2D.

I am currently the only one that is coding it, but I do not have as much skill in Unity as I do in webdev languages.

If you think you could be of any help, please let me know. We currently communicate on Discord.

Advertisement

What does your vision for an educational game look like? How is it educational? How is it a game?

You say you have a basic story. What is the story? Why does it need a story? How does the story enhance the educational or game aspects?

Where is the website? How do we find you on Discord?

Sorry if that feels like a barrage of questions, but I just mean that all this information would be helpful to any volunteers. It sounds like a great project.

My itch.io page, just game jams so far

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement